Zen*-Inspired Generative Art by Matto
*Zen is part of a rich tapestry of Buddhist and Taoist traditions that are integral to my spiritual practice and that inspire my life and work.
Learn about the history of the symbol called ensō and how Zenerative started, see examples of existing Ensō tokens, and render any previously-minted token at high-resolution!
Read the artist’s statement, explore the generative script, and see example outputs.
Additional NFT projects are planned, each with its own special features and qualities.
Project 1, Ensō
- Launch NFT project and website (3/22/21).
- Add print-resolution render tool (5/23/21).
- Announce rewards: ‘Ensō Water Paintings’ (7/21/21).
- Snapshot owners to airdrop ZNRTV tokens* (8/1/21).
- Giveaway 10 prints (8/15/21).
Project 2, FOCUS
- Launch generative NFT project on Artblocks.io.
- Auction a manual recreation of a minted NFT for charity.
- Create a meditation center in CryptoVoxels.
- Create gallery for FOCUS collectors’ sets.
- Snapshot owners to airdrop ZNRTV tokens*.
- Giveaway 10 prints.
Freestyle Haiku Poetry Token
- Put all Freestyle Haiku poetry on-chain.
- Launch NFT project and allow purchase with ZNRTV tokens.
- Create a DAO to promote traditional Eastern spirituality (Zen and others) in the crypto space.
- Create a treasury of NFTs from Zenerative projects and reward donors with ZNRTV tokens.
- ZNRTV token holders become voters/owners of the DAO.
*The airdropping of ZNRTV tokens requires a lot more legal preparation than expected. For now, I’m snapshotting owners for a future drop.
About Me (Matto)
Art, code, martial arts, and Eastern spirituality
I’ve been an artist and a programmer since I could draw and use my high-school’s computers. I found a deep connection to Asian culture and aesthetics in grade school, and in college, I devoted my energy to perfecting myself through martial arts and spirituality. You can read more about my background in this short essay.
Martial arts: I’ve mostly studied Northern Shaolin Kung Fu Wu Su, but I’ve also practiced other Kung Fu styles, Shorin Ryu (Karate), Tae Kwon Do, and Tai Chi.
Spirituality: I practice a version of Buddhism that is very close to the Japanese Zen Buddhism, but with elements from the Chinese Ch’an Buddhism and Indian Vajrayāna. The philosophical side of Taoism resonates with me, and I use both moving and seated meditation in my practice.
Poetry: Starting in 2010, I’ve written over 1250 spiritual and haiku-like poems on FreestyleHaiku.com. For me, writing poetry is more than self-expression; it’s a meditation in presence, awareness, and communication.
I’d love to interact with you online! Find me on twitter as @MonkMatto, or find me on Discord as Matto#7777.
Here I’m practicing Tai Chi outside Union Station in Washington DC. Photo by Augen.
As an individual, I purchase 1MW of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) every month from terrapass.com to more than offset my regular crypto activities. For every Zenerative project, I also buy RECs to more than offset that project’s environmental impact (this is in addition to the offsets that Artblocks.io secures for the platform).
Zenerative projects are carbon negative. You can be assured that the purchase of RECs does not contribute to greenhouse gas emissions, and in fact, is contributing to reducing climate change.