Archival prints are available for all Zenerative projects, both as special editions only for owners, and also as algorithmic ‘exploration’ editions. All prints are individually produced and signed (or stamped) by Matto.
About the Prints
My first creative medium was photography, and between undergrad and graduate school, I ran a photo studio and print shop in NY. That was almost 20 years ago… Zenerative projects gave me the capital to invest in a large format, fine art printer, and I’m excited to be offering prints once again that are made under my discerning eye and to my specifications!
I’m using a Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2100 with LUCIA PRO 11 color pigment-based archival ink…it’s so pro that ‘pro’ is in the names thrice! The paper is also archival, and it has a nice texture to it (I don’t like plastic-looking prints). I ship prints with an acid-free barrier in 4-inch tubes, meaning that your art will arrive in top shape and be ready for framing in no time.
The printer takes up 1/4 of my tiny office, but I’m very excited to be able to offer world-class prints for my collectors!
Note: Payment can only be made via DAI or USDC stablecoins, and only from the wallet owning the NFTs. Payment will only be received by Zenerative.eth – the official address. The Etherscan.io transaction URL of payment is required during the ordering process. Please click the button below to view a walkthrough of using uniswap to convert Eth into a stablecoin. Please contact Matto if you have any questions BEFORE submitting an order.
Ensō Owner Editions
Actual photo of actual print, taken by Matto’s actual self using his actual camera, in his actual living room.
(placeholder until my studio is finished and I can take a perfectly-lit image)
Actual closeup of actual ink seal, made with an actual stone chop Matto actually carved.
- Archival 20 x 20 inch prints on 24 x 24 inch Hahnemühle Torchon fine art paper.
- Hand signed and stamped with Matto’s stone chop (that he carved himself). The signature stamp ink is hand-mixed to match the tone of the Ensō ‘paper,’ so the shade will vary.
- Owner edition prints will be made for the current owner only. Check the print history to see if an Ensō print has been claimed.
FOCUS Owner Editions
Actual photo of a print, taken in my living room (placeholder until my studio is finished and I can take a perfectly-lit image)
- Archival 20 x 20 inch prints on 24 x 24 inch Hahnemühle Torchon fine art paper (or ~15 x 24 inch prints on ~20 x 28 inch paper for rectangular works)
- Hand signed
- Owner edition prints will be made for the current owner only. Check the print history to see if a FOCUS print has been claimed.
Algorithmic ‘Exploration’ Editions
The more people that can experience a Zenerative project in print – the better. I feel that personal connections to the various works bring value to the projects and also to the individual. I also prefer my work to be inclusive, which is why there has always been high-resolution generators linked from my websites that encouraged ‘print from home’. While I don’t offer ‘exploration’ editions for sale online, I do offer them locally at events from time to time, or as gifts. Please note the differences between these and owner editions described above.
- These are 1/1/n explorations of Zenerative algorithms, in a way, they are open editions.
- Prints are not tied to any NFT nor to an entropy hash – which is not saved for later reuse.
- The prints are still signed and archival, but they are significantly smaller: 10 x 10 or 8 x 14 inches.
- Enso exploration prints have a printed on signature stamp – it is not hand applied with ink.
It is my view that the creation of these prints allow me to spread these niche projects more widely, and that through my efforts, collectors of the NFTs will benefit. As always, if you disagree, I encourage you to reach out to me so we can discuss.
Want to make your own print? Awesome!
If you own a Zenerative NFT, please feel free to print it at home or at your local printshop! Use the buttons below to launch high-resolution image generators.